FolkWords may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated December 2015.
We may collect the following information
- individual artist, band, producer or publishers names
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as location or interests.
What we may do with this information
We may use such information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our service
- to periodically send emails about reviews, interviews or other information about FolkWords using the email address provided
- we may contact you by email or telephone
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we collect online.
Cookies are used purely to improve services through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- measuring how many people are using a site, so it can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure it is fast enough
We use Google Analytics to measure how many people use this site. We do this to make sure that FolkWords is meeting users' needs and to understand how we could improve our site.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on a site, how you got there and what you click on. We do not collect or store any personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We also do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
- _utma stores a randomly generated number for 2 years
- _utmb stores a randomly generated number for 30 minutes
- _utmc stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
- _utmz stores a randomly generated number and anonymous information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link or a search) for 6 months
The following cookie is used to provide other normal website functions:
- asp.net_sessionid stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
If you do not wish to accept any cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this is likely to adversely affect the functionality of some websites you visit.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
© FolkWords - 2007/2017